Whenever someone thinks of auto repair, they can’t help but think of oil changes; they are the quintessential service of the automotive industry. The auto mechanics at Autotrend Auto Repair are experts at oil changes, along with virtually any other service your vehicle needs to continue performing in optimal condition.
Oil changes may seem like a minor service, but they are incredibly crucial to preserving your vehicle’s longevity and driveability. Here are the top 5 reasons why oil changes are vital for your car:
- Think of all mechanical components in your car moving at high speeds in your engine. All of these parts generate excessive amounts of heat and friction. It is your oil’s job to ensure these components are correctly lubricated. If you don’t have enough oil, these parts can wear down quickly.
- Friction equals heat, and your oil cools down that heat. The oil in your engine needs to be clean and in the right amount, or things in your engine are going to get heated no pun intended.
- Dirt and grime particles in your engine can lead to corrosion and decrease the longevity of your vehicle. Routine oil changes performed by our technicians will get rid of all the dirt and grime that has accumulated in your engine.
- Engines that aren’t adequately lubricated will perform less efficiently. When your vehicle has enough oil, your gas mileage will improve.
- Overall, routine oil changes promote your vehicle’s longevity, safety, and driveability.
Together, with routine auto repair and transparent communication, we keep your vehicle performing in pristine condition for years to come, and an oil change is the first step in the right direction. Schedule an appointment for service or contact us online for an appointment with the auto mechanics at Autotrend Auto Repair for top-notch service and repair.