Welcome to a new year! As the pandemic carries on into 2021, we’ve had to adjust the way we do everything to keep ourselves and our kids safe. There’s a lot to do every time we go out the door now!
- Here are some ground rules we should all follow when venturing forth in our cars
- Know your route. We’re at a stage where we have to consider where we’re headed as where we may potentially break down. So check your route on a navigation device for any detours or obstructions. Be aware of when traffic slows on your way there and back, to avoid high traffic periods.
- Keep your calm. This is hard, especially with kids around. Sometimes the kids can get excited or loud during a trip. And sometimes outside events can affect our calm: rude drivers, sudden stops, conflicts. It’s important to stay calm and remember that the objective isn’t winning a race when we drive, it’s to get safely to your next destination. And remember, other people may be trying to stay calm, but failing at it. Show them grace and help them out.
- Checklist the PPE gear you need before you leave the house. Does every passenger have it? Are there spares if someone loses it? Do you have hand sanitizer? And the most crucial: did everyone use the restroom before going to the car?
- Know that your car is well enough to make the voyage. There’s no sense putting your head in the sand about your car. If it’s in need of some work, it’s best to know what and address it when possible, then ignore it and run the risk of being stranded somewhere with no help in sight.
Here’s to you and your family for managing so well this far into the pandemic. If you need an updated inspection of your vehicle, give the team at Autotrend Diagnostics a call today! For the best auto repair and preventive maintenance service, schedule an appointment online or give Autotrend Diagnostics a call. You'll be glad you did! Schedule an appointment for service, or contact us online for a stress-free auto repair experience. See you soon!